2 Dec 2013
Nouriel Roubini, the American economist and financial expert dubbed Dr Doom – who predicted last decade’s global meltdown – has picked New Zealand as having one of the world’s most precarious housing markets.
And it is precisely because we didn’t suffer a big slump last decade – like Spain, Ireland or the United States – that we could be in for a hiding.
Roubini, widely acclaimed for his bearish views and insightful analysis, accurately picked the collapse of the United States housing market and the worldwide recession which started in 2008.
- Two Great Tweets From Nouriel Roubini Explain The Biggest Economic Problem Right Now (businessinsider.com)
- Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere, As Far As the Eye Can See (motherjones.com)
- Housing bubble 2.0 can only end badly | Nouriel Roubini (theguardian.com)
- Roubini: There Are At Least 17 Housing Bubbles Developing (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Senate drops the ball on Fed’s Janet Yellen (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Nouriel Roubini Just Identified A Ton Of Housing Markets That Look Like Bubbles To Him (businessinsider.com)
- ‘Dr. Doom’ Roubini: When to Expect the Next Big Market Crash (forum.prisonplanet.com)
- Nouriel Roubini – The Economist Who Foresaw the Global Financial Crisis (moneysaverguide.wordpress.com)
- The One Housing Market That Everyone Agrees Is A Bubble (businessinsider.com)