Global Research 3 Nov 2013 Phil Greaves In a report titled “Hezbollah shows strain of Syria war”, The Guardian’s Middle East Editor Ian Black, explains to the reader that Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah “sounds more troubled than defiant when he talks about the Syrian war these days”. Black doesn’t offer the reader a link to Nasrallah’s latest speech to check, nor any translation off this supposed “troubled” tone, nor indeed a single quote. Instead Black offers the reader his own insight into the Hezbollah leaders mindset, bolstered by none other than Zionist agitprop extraordinaire: Matt Levitt. The Guardian also fail to disclose Mr. Levitts’ correct bio, or the fact he is employed by the propaganda arm of the Israel lobby (AIPAC), otherwise known as the Washington institute for Near East Policy, (WINEP).
It comes across as immediately contradictory, then, that Black follows this baseless assertion with a reminder that Nasrallah “lambasted” Saudi Arabia for trying to block a political solution in Syria. It’s almost as if Black is disappointed that his subject isn’t calling for further bloodshed. Not only did Nasrallah “lambast” Saudi Arabia, he pointed the finger at the Saud monarchy for the continuing violence, alluding to the Saudis proxy in Lebanon (March 14/Hariri), Nasrallah said: “All the events in Syria are tied to the events in Lebanon because there is a certain party that has linked everything in Lebanon to what is happening in Syria. They are disrupting political life as they wait for the result of the events in Syria to impose their own conditions.”
- Media Fabrications and the War on Syria: How the Western Press Parrots Israeli Propaganda! (socioecohistory.wordpress.com)
- Media Fabrications and the War on Syria: How the Western Press Parrots Israeli Propaganda (southweb.org)
- Blast kills 3 in south Beirut suburbs (bigstory.ap.org)
- Media Fabrications and the War on Syria: How the Western Press Parrots Israeli Propaganda (therebel.org)
- Riyadh seeking to derail Syria peace talks: Nasrallah (dailystar.com.lb)
- as i often point out, i’ve heard ian black interviewed on israeli army radio and speaking fluent hebrew (niqnaq.wordpress.com)